The Challenge Starts

This summer I will be climbing Mount Rainier and more importantly, raising valuable funds for breast cancer research at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Reasearch Center through the Climb to Fight Breast Cancer. Thanks! (PLEASE USE THE BROWN "MAKE A DONATION" BUTTON BELOW)

Why am I doing this?

My wife is a survivor! She's my inspiration.

I'm highly motivated to participate in this climb! I, like many of you, have had my life affected by breast cancer. Lets get together and make the future for our mothers, sisters and daughters, cancer free. This combined with my love of the mountains....and THE Mountain....it's a no brainer.

The Challenge.

Since this is a charity climb, the stakes are high. I must raise $2500 by April 2nd, 2010, and have a total of $5000 raised by June 3rd, 2010. When I first heard this figures, I thought "no way!". But after talking with Lisa about it, and knowing that I'd have her full supprt, I began to think I really could do this!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

And it's here....

Time sure goes by fast....too fast.

I leave for Rainier tomorrow morning @ 6am.

Thank you too all those who donated, sent me well wishes, encouraged me, and stood by me! I will be climbing for you and all your loved ones who have had their lives somehow touched by breast cancer.

I'll be back Saturday night!

Until then....goodbye for now!

~David

No comments:

Post a Comment